River City Stories

Sunday, March 19, 2006

One Week til Chicago

A week from today, I'm flying out of Richmond to spend 4 days in Chicago. I'll be attending the annual ACHE Congress on Healthcare Leadership. It should be a good conference and I really enjoyed myself when I went last year. It'll be a great time to learn some new things, enjoy the city, and meet up with friends I met last year (including some that I saw recently at HIMSS). Of course, going away for a week means that I'll have to get some work done this week so I'm not really behind when I get back. It shouldn't be too bad since there isn't a lot going on with school at the moment.

This past week was much busier than I could have imagined. Work was pretty intense this week, which is bittersweet: on one hand, I get exposed to a lot of operational issues and have a chance to get involved in what's going on at the hospital; on the other, I was really tired and didn't get much time to "just rest." Oh well, this will be my life for the next few years, so I should get used to it.

I'm continuing to enjoy my new Jeep. I even got to drive over some curbs this past week! BTW, Chris - you overshot the mileage estimate (you actually overshot by almost exactly one week). Last week I had 1225 miles on the Jeep. When I got home this evening, it was up to 1532.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home