River City Stories

Friday, March 10, 2006

If Only My Spring Break was a Break


It has been a long two weeks. In the past 14 days I have bought a car, made a roundtrip visit to New Jersey in 30 hours for an uncle's funeral, celebrated my nephew's 6th birthday, traveled to and from Norfolk for a class, wrote two extensive law briefs for class, studied for and took an exam, worked approximately 60 hours between two jobs, went to church 3 times (twice last weekend), and I still have a large group project that is due on Monday. My guess would be that I've averaged less than 6 hours of sleep per night during this timeframe - so you can guess that I'm tired.

It seems like a perfect time for spring break, right? Well - I would agree with you. However, my spring break will not be spent on some sunny beach. It'll be spent sitting in my office at the hospital knocking out a lot of work. I know it seems lame, but I need to get caught up at work and it's not like I couldn't use the money now that I have these car payments.

I do hope that I get some rest over this next week. Hopefully by working at the hospital all week, my evenings will come earlier and there will be less to do at night. I'm not holding my breath.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home