River City Stories

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Restful Weekend

How many times on a Monday are you asked "How was your weekend?" I'd bet it's close to 10 - maybe more. I rarely have a good answer to this question. I usually respond with something like "not bad" or "eh, I didn't really do much." It's not that I'm discontented with my weekend - but I wasn't overly excited about it either.

A few weeks ago I talked about getting more rest. Well, rest was what my weekend was all about - and it was glorious. I barely did anything productive, but I took some time for myself to get away and to relax. I wasn't checking my e-mail constantly and I wasn't furiously doing school work (thankfully there isn't any homework yet). It was great. I do forget how much I need to rest. As I'm typing this, I'm thinking about getting in bed in just a few minutes and waking up in the morning. I don't dread Monday mornings when I take the time to really relax over the weekend. Yes, I'm ready for this week - let it come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home