River City Stories

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

When good days turn bad

So I woke up bright-eyed and bushy-tailed this morning thanks to my restful weekend (ok, so maybe not too bright eyed - and pretty much everyone who knows me is aware that I lack a rear end, so I guess the bushy-tailed bit is out too - you get my point though). I woke up and was ready for the day - unfortunately the day let me down.

I left work at 1pm to make a quick run to Staples for some supplies I needed for a project I was working on. I thought this was going to be a quick 30 minute trip, but it turned into a day-long ordeal.

Anyone who knows me very long - especially if you know me from my Virginia Tech days - is aware of my car - a 1997 Dodge Neon that was affectionally dubbed "Love Wheels." Not only would you be aware of Love Wheels - but you'd be quite familiar with the odd problems she causes. Anyway, long story short - she broke down on me again while I was at Staples. A co-worker had to leave work to come "rescue" me and then my sister came and got me after work and we were able to jump start the car so I could drive it to my parents. Well, turns out that tonight is the one night in 5 years that I remember my dad having to work really late because of a deadline. So, while I was pretty sure I had fixed the problem (cleaned the battery terminals, put the battery on the charger, etc), I wanted to get the OK from Dad before going home. Well anyway, Dad finally got home and gave me his blessing to take the car again.

Oh well, such is life with an older car. Hopefully, I'll be getting something newer relatively soon. I've been saving up for some time now and am ready to spend! It's a little scary comitting myself to that much money, but you gotta go out on those limbs once in a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home