River City Stories

Saturday, September 02, 2006

One good thing about the end of summer...

It's not a secret that summer is my favorite time of year. I revel in the heat and the sun (ok, I could deal without the humidity, but oh well). I love all the activities that come with summertime - time at the river, the lake, or the beach among the ones I enjoy the most.

However, fall is not without it's highlights. Probably the one that sticks out most in my mind is that it marks the start of the College Football Season. Ahh, just thinking about all those games makes me smile. Of course, I'll be pretty worthless on Saturdays for the next 3-4 months. Oh well, that's the price you pay. What amazes me is how many games you can see/hear over one weekend. For instance, today - I'm watching the Michigan/Vanderbilt Game on my television (and I could have flipped over to 2 other games) AND I'm watching my Virginia Tech Hokies romp Northeastern on ESPN360 on my computer. So in honor of the start of the CFB season, I'll tip my hat to my team:

Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi
Tech, Tech, VPI
Sola-rex, Sola-rah
Polytechs Virginia
Rae, Ri, VPI
Team, Team, Team!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home