River City Stories

Saturday, July 22, 2006

We are one...

Last night Switchfoot was in Richmond to play an Innsbrook After Hours concert. We had a great time! I actually haven't seen Switchfoot live before, but I've been a big fan of their music for a number of years. (It's probably worth noting that I haven't been to very many concerts, so it's not like I was just ignoring their concerts) The concert was great - and the thunderstorm that rolled through (it was an outdoor concert) only added to the experience. Actually, at one time - the show was stopped because of all the lightning around us. Of course nobody left, so Jon Foreman came out into the middle of the crowd with his acoustic and sang the song 24 as loud as he could. The crowd helped out a bit, expecially with the chorus.

All in all, it was a great night. The band was great and it was awesome to be in a venue as small as Innsbrook so that you really could get close. I'll close this post with some lyrics from a song off Nothing is Sound, their latest album. The song is called We are One.

I don't want to lose it, coming down
With the whole world upside-down
I don't have a soul to trust in now
With the whole world upside-down

We are one, tonight!
And we're singing it out!
We are one, tonight!
And we're dreaming out loud!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home