River City Stories

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Can you hear me now?

On my drive home from Blacksburg this weekend, I took advantage of the 3+ hours I had in the car to catch up on some phone calls. In fact, I had planned to do this before I even left Richmond - there were about 4 or 5 calls that I wanted to make. What I found was that I was only able to fit in 3 calls because each call lasted a long time. It was actually great though, I enjoyed talking to each of these people as I hadn't talked them in quite some time. I'm not sure why that is. Every time I finally catch up with someone, the last thing we usually say on the phone is something to the effect of "lets talk more frequently." It rarely happens.

I think this is a common occurrence among others. I don't know why many of us go months without talking to some of the people we call our closest friends. I obviously have my own excuses - "I'm so tired when I get home from work" or "I forgot" or "I didn't want to bother them." I'm not sure about all of you, but I really have to make a conscious effort to keep up with my friends. I often put the phone calls on my calendar, just to remind me to do them. I certainly hope that I can do better at keeping in touch over the next few weeks.

1 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home