River City Stories

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I'm here to entertain

So a friend and I went out to the driving range for the first time this year. Now, I should qualify this post. I do not consider myself to be a golfer. Nor do I pretend that I can even play golf. I do, however, like to get out to the driving range once in a while with the hope that someday I might actually be able to hit the ball without injuring someone around me. So today, we went out to The First Tee Richmond to knock around a few balls. I have no doubt that I provided entertainment to the other 20 people who were there - including the pro who was trying to teach a guy how to hit with a pitching wedge. I am proud to say that everything I hit did go forward - even if it was only 1 yard. I actually had about 2 1/2 really good hits out of 55. So, at that rate - I'll be ready to go in about 5 years. I think I'm going to shell out some money soon to actually take a few lessons and then get out to the range a least once a week. But then again, I said that last summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home