River City Stories

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Classes Coming to an End

I'm sitting in my 3rd to last class right now and I'm just thinking about how odd it will be come tomorrow when I'm finished with formal classes for good.  I've been in school for so long - 19 years straight if anyone is counting - that it is going to be pretty odd not to have to be going to a classroom each day.

Eventhough it's a bit scary - I'm beginning to feel that I'm ready to step out of academia.  I've been spending considerable more time at work anyway recently, and I can see how I'm really ready to make a transition from "school life" to "real life".  Of course, my situation is a little different since I'm going into a residency situation, but I think this transition will be a bigger step than next year when I transition from my residency to a job.

It'll be hard to say goodbye to all of my friends.  I've made some great friends over the past 2 years and I'll miss not seeing them everyday.  Thankfully, most of them will only be within a 2-hour drive - although 2 of them will be well over 15 hour drives (tampa and denver).  I look forward to a nice trip to Denver in the winter for some good skiing and one to Tampa for some beach time. :-)

1 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home