River City Stories

Friday, May 12, 2006

Vote Like Yamin It...

If you live anywhere near Richmond, you know that Elliot Yamin, one of the final 3 American Idol contestants returned home for a day. It was pretty crazy, actually. He started with a television interview at 6:45 AM, did a small concert around noon (which close to 5,000 people attended), and made an appearance at the Richmond Braves game. Before the game, however, there was a parade down the Boulevard. Since it was right by my apartment, I ventured out to take a look at what was going on. I'm sure you won't believe me, but Elliot Yamin's motorcade was larger than what the President of the United States travels in. Oh well, it may be over-the-top, but I'm glad to see the city excited about something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home